Title: Key Account Sales / Business Development Manager
Industry: Confectionery / Foods (Candy / Gum / Jelly / Spray)
Location: Johannesburg / Cape Town
Reporting to: Group Managing Director
Responsible for a product range of approximately 50 different products within the confectionery categories of Candy, Gum, Jellies, Candy Sprays, Candy/Toys incorporating these products, and other related products, for the retail and wholesale markets within sub-Saharan Africa, with South Africa being the main focus. Establishing a customer base, closing orders, management of customer portfolio's, etc.
* Development and implementation of an ambitious growth-strategy in the Confectionery (Sweets) Retail and Wholesale business.
* Meet and exceed volume and operating profit for the territory.
* Develop written Annual Plan for each operator containing volume, distribution and performance objectives.
* Regular customer visits to ensure and support the execution of the Annual Plan (incl. store checks, Staff-Trainings, Promotional Set-ups).
* Identify key marketing- & sales strategies to enable the operators achieves their targets.
* To establish and grow the business within the short term.
* Develop and prepare sales presentation materials.
* Regular reporting and analysis of results within the territory, as well as ideas for new products and branding, and the monitoring and reporting of market trends.
* Responsible for rolling, monthly forecasts on customer/item level.
* Reports directly to the Group Managing Director.
* Profit & loss responsibility
The “Key Account Sales / Business Development Manager” is responsible for the development and execution of an ambitious growth-strategy in the Confectionery sector, within the in sub-Saharan Africa markets, with key focus on penetrating the large Retailers and establishing the company as a key supplier of Candy, Gums, Jellies, Candy Sprays and other related products.
The ideal profile for this role is an experienced FMCG Key Account / Business Development Manager in the Confectionery / Food sector, with a strong network within the South African retail environment, and strong experience in dealing with buyers and other key decision makers.
* Several years of working experience in the Confectionery / Food Retail business, preferably within the FMCG industry.
* Profound sales skills (ability to succeed in selling Confectionery products within a competitive market environment.
* A successful performance record from the previous employer.
* An existing Retail and Wholesale network, with preferable knowledge of the Retail structure and workings in South Africa.
* Strong door-opener, with excellent presentation skills and negotiating ability.
* Customer oriented management.
* Ability to communicate on every level within a customer’s structure.
* Profound know-how in building up Retail and Wholesale business.
* Strategic way of thinking combined with strong execution (operational excellence).
* High energy and enthusiasm for making and closing the deal, and for Confectionery products.
* Perfect skills in English (oral and written)
* Excellent IT-Skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
* Knowing the South African retail culture, with an established network being preferable.
* Previous titles appreciated: sales manager, key account manager, business elopement manager, etc.
* Appreciated previous experience: Beacon, Mister Sweets, Candy Tops, Maynards, Premier FMCG (Manhattan), Cadburys, Kraft Foods, Nestle, etc.
Applicants must please send the following documentation when applying for this role :
-Letter of motivation
-Copy of South African ID
-Copy of Drivers license
-Updated CV (Indicate reasons for leaving previous employers, and include respective remuneration details for each, as well as contact details)
-Reference letters and any relevant certificates.
Nature of business - Holding company with interests in:
- uPVC windows & doors: supply manufacturers with machinery, hardware and accessories
- Property: investment, management and development
- Hospitality: boutique hotel and executive serviced apartments
- Construction: new builds, residential additions & renovations, commercial projects
- Renewable Energy: solar systems for residential and commercial applications
- Recruitment: search and recruitment services for blue-chip corporate companies
- Confectionery: bulk import and distribution of branded sweets and other confectionery
- Wellness: import and distribution of various European wellness and healthcare products
- Materials for the Industrial & Construction Sectors: trading business based on volume
Company size: 130 employees, 5 companies, 6 divisions, 2 branches
Annual turnover: Privately owned business / confidential